Test Use Policy
Test access in the Educational Resource Center, Maxwell Library, is restricted. All test borrowers must present a valid photo ID and must sign our test viewing policy agreement.
Tests may be viewed by qualified persons only. A qualified person is one who is participating in a BSU assessment or assessment-related class (education, counseling, or psychology). BSU students may be asked to show a current syllabus to demonstrate that they are in such a class. A BSU student doing independent research should bring a note from his or her advisor. Area educators and others who believe they have a valid reason to view the tests should discuss their situation with a member of the ERC staff. In all cases, non-BSU affiliates will need to bring documentation from their employer or school that demonstrates their need and qualifications.
Restrictions on Use
- Tests may not leave the ERC.*
- Tests may be borrowed for 2 hours (renewable)
- No portion of any test may be photocopied or scanned.
- Tests owned by the ERC may not be administered.
- Only one test may be borrowed at a time.
* An exception is made for BSU faculty. BSU faculty members who wish to do an in-class demonstration of a test may arrange in advance to borrow a test overnight or for a limited period of time, as agreed.
If you are off-campus or travelling any distance to use our test collection, please call beforehand so you can verify that there will be an available staff member to assist you. The tests are kept in locked cabinets and cannot be accessed without a staff member present.